I’ve been meaning to write an end of holiday post for some time (well, since having got back) and never really got further than putting some notes in a draft. Anyway, I was about to delete it but thought that I would post a selection of my memories to be added to as and when I come across more:
- Technology fuelled drive from Kelowna (Pilot was a wimp and bottled the landing in to Castlegar)
- Being sat in the hostel one night and asking Read if he wanted to go for a quick 10 pints in Nothing Special and waking up the next morning and feeling, well, feeling as you would expect
- A local riding past Rob practising switch and shouting “two words for you buddy, Hockey Pants” as Rob fell on his arse
- Eagle (which we were reliably informed by Charles the tail guide was a Golden one) flying alongside the cat
- Nath going stupidly big off of a lip in Roberts. Awesome, juuuust awesome.
- Riding in conditions like this when Craig was here
- Waste deep pow on the second cat skiing day
- The Ford Club Wagon
- Lifestyle in Whistler
- Sea Kyaking in Tofino
Anyway, all good memories, I look forward to returning to Red at some point soon. I can recommend it highly to anyone that is reading this looking for an opinion. On a good day the place is great, on a great day it is unbelievable.